Friday, October 3, 2008

Distracting things

Don't you hate distracting things? Whenever you try to just sit down and write you blog post or do your homework it looms over you and try to lead you away from what ever productive thing you set out to do. Take for example what happened an hour ago. I sat down to write a post. I started on it and thought about my music player. "I need new music." This distracting thing made me think. So instead of writing my post I spent a whole hour trying to remember my user name and my password to play list.com. after 45 minutes of this I decided to just make a new one. So here I am a hour of my precious life past on some project that ended about where it started. I only changed a couple songs on my list and one of the songs is the wrong one I am realizing as I listen to it right now. Drat! Oh well tomorrow I will probably just repeat the same thing again. Drat is a cool word. It is similar to the word gnat but it means something totally different. Another cool word that I have started saying lately is gnarly. Gnarly is a really Gnarly word. When you look at it, it looks really weird. But when you say it it just rolls off of the tongue. Have you ever noticed that whenever you say a word over and over again it starts to sound weird. Why don't you try it right now, Pick a word that you haven't really said lately and start saying over and over again right now. Say it out loud or it doesn't work. Cool, Huh? Well to change the subject, what do you think of my play list? You can just tell me at school what you think. I'm that one kid. You know the one that sits over there in that class. So just waltz up to me and say 

"I totally loathe your songs. They stink."   or you can say  

"Your songs are O.K. but just O.K." Or

"You have some cool songs." and last but not least is

"Your songs are the best on the planet!"

This would be the easy way for me to tell me. But you could also just leave a comment at the end of this blog if you are lazy. Or you still can't figure out who I am. Wow I just realised how ironic the topic is. Garsh. Maybe it is more distracting than I thought. Maybe my mom is write and I shouldn't listen to music went I do this. Maybe music is a secret weapon of the Martins to take over our Innocent minds so they can turn us all into slaves! maybe. just maybe. Dang it really is distracting.  We should all throw away all our music! Yeah! no wait! I like music. so never mind. I just had an amazing idea! I am going to put a disclaimer at the top. Wow pure Genius stuff in work. But now my mind is fried so this is it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow right now on your blog i am totally distracted lol :) but when you make a username and password for playlist make it the same as your blog. Silly! and i think your music is spiffy!

MRT said...

What I find interesting is that your current playlist contains songs that I was listening to when I was your age (i.e., 27 years ago) and even some that were popular "before my time." Technology has made it so people of all generations can enjoy each other's music because it's all immediately available. This, of course, is just the way it has always been for you, but for us old folks, it's still kind of amazing.