If you read the blog before last, you can see the persuasive essay I did that got a 2 on the six point scale. I am not that good of a writer. I did Honors English so I could get better at writing. On this new essay I did I got a 4. Maybe Mr. T changed the grading rules but I hope I'm just getting better. Then all this extra time won't be a waste. You look at both essays and tell me if you think I got better, or Mr. T changed the scale. well here is the essay. I hope you like it.
Dear Mr. Principal man, (name has been changed for privacy of my self)
This letter is about the possible grading policy change. I believe that changing to the pass and fail policy would be wise. I you change than you would take a lot of stress off of students. Students would have more time for other subjects and sports or clubs. And if you raised the fail standard than everyone who passed that class would have perfected the course. Let me explain.
If you were a student who worked so hard trying to get A’s in all of your classes, the change would take a lot off pressure off of you. Students might do better knowing that if they could just learn the subject rather that trying to the highest grade. Students would be able to learn better if they didn’t have to worry if they were going to get a good enough GPA. Not only would there be less stress, but there would be more time for other things.
If the policy was changed than students would do more extracurricular activities. Things like sports teams would grow. Science Olympiad and NAL would be able to have better people on the teams. Classes like band, choir, and foreign languages would have a stronger force. And everything would have a better attitude towards it. You could still have top academics also, but you would have to raise the bar.
If the fail grade stayed were it was, many students would not try as hard in their classes. But if you changed the fail grade to about seventy-five (75) percent, then most students would push themselves to pass. Students would learn the class material very well, because if they didn’t they would have to retake the class until they did. Students would also be able to score very high on collage entrance tests, the ACT, and many others. Students would become smarter if you changed the policy.
In conclusion, I believe that changing the policy would be the best choice. Students would be able to stop having so much stress. They would have more time for extracurricular activities. And if you raised fail grade than all of the students would learn the curriculum very well. Thank you for your time and I hope you make the right decision.
Sincerely,
Super Skier (also name has been changed)
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment