Here is another essay thingy that I wrote for another class and used here. This one is sorta crappy so don't read it. If anyone every did look at my blog
I enjoyed this year’s pops concert. It had some very good performances in it. There were four different choirs performing. The four groups were rhapsody in blue, advanced girls’ choir, beginning girls choir, and beginning boys’ choir. Although they were all great performances some of the choirs were clearly better than others at some things. So here is a little more information about the choirs.
The first choir (I think) to go was Boys’ choir. Although they were the worst choir vocally, they kicked trash on choreography and stage presence. The first song they sang was Renegade by Styx. Not to be mean or anything but this was a perfect example of how not to sing that song. They were always coming in early and they were not always on pitch. The next song was I’ll make a man out of you from the movie Mulan. They had hilarious choreography and only a few bad solos. The last song they sang was called Tribute to Queen and it was a medley of Queen songs. This was their best song in my opinion. Their choreography was once again awesome. They had wonderful solos and everything they did was hilarious. Although they had the best choreography they didn’t have the best singing.
The best singing award I would have to give to Rhapsody in Blue. That may be biased because I am in rhapsody, but I don’t think so. Anyways the first song we sang was Seasons of Love. It sounded good but it lacked energy. The next song was called Listen to the music. This song lacked energy too but this one was much better that the first. None of the choreography was nearly as good as boys’ choir with rhapsody. The next song was jump jive and wail. It was clearly our worst number. I don’t even want to talk about it. The next song was our best. It was a disco medley and everyone was having fun and singing loud. So here are the best two performances.
In my opinion, beginning girls’ choir did better that advanced girls’ choir. Beginning girls’ choir sang One Hundred Years, I won’t say I’m in love, and some other song that I can’t remember. I really like the song One Hundred Years but that is not the only reason it was my favorite. Most of the solos were on, the choruses were on, and stage presence was good too. This was their better song so I won’t talk about the rest.
Advanced girls choir sang Fever, lip-gloss, and two other songs. Fever was their best song by far. One reason why was because it was one of two “songs”. Lip-gloss was a rapish sorta thing and I was surprised that our choir teacher let them do it. My reviewing rule is “If I don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all” so here is the end of my review.
Notice that I didn't even put a conclution paragraph. tisk-tisk-tisk
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment