I wrote this review for a concert for my band and choir class. I thought why not kill three birds with one stone? So here is the third dead bird for you(hehe).
The High School that is near me that is awesome Jazz and Percussion concert
The High school near me that is awesome Percussion and Jazz Spring Concert was most likely the best music concert I have ever been to. There were three different performing groups and they all did very well. The Percussion band when first, followed by The Moonlight Singers, with the Jazz Ensemble performing last. Here is a little more detail about what they played.
The Percussion Ensembles went first and they did an amazing job. If my thinking is correct then they did the better ensembles at the end. The percussion played five songs. The first song they played was called Mujer Latina and was a very Latin America sounding and a very fun song. There were 12 marimbas playing at one time. They also played songs called The Highway, Gainsborough, and Katraterra. They were good songs but the last song was my favorite one. It was called Chain Reactions. They had won many awards with this song. Not only did it sound cool but the stage presence was purely genius. Although Percussion had the best song of all night, they were not they only ones to play.
The second group was called The Moonlight Singers. They sang 3 songs by themselves and one with Jazz band. The Moonlight Singers had ten members, five girls and five boys, but sounded like twice that many. One the first song they sang (They Can’t Take That Away From Me) they had wonderful harmony. I thought I heard eight parts but I’m not sure. They also sang Embraceable You and Sway. I thing Sway was my favorite song by them. As their last number they sang with the jazz band. Usually a live band adds to a performance but it almost seemed to take away. They sang the song I Could Write A Book. I liked the song but not more than I liked Sway. Although Jazz band played with The Moonlight Singers they had their own songs.
The band played a lot of songs. I enjoyed the songs but what I liked the best were the solos. In one song they played called Rachael, there was a trumpet solo that was amazing. In Marguarite there was this wonderfully amazing and awesome solo by this saxophone. It was the second coolest thing I had heard all night. Another piece called Secret Love was played by next year’s jazz band. It was good but you could tell that it was next year’s jazz band. They finished with a song called Barnburner. It was the third coolest thing I heard all night.
In Conclusion, I enjoyed this concert. It had good, better, and best performances but the worst was still good. I had my favorite (Chain Reactions by the Percussion) and not favorites (everything else) But it was a great concert. This is something to look forward to going to High school near me that is awesome. So my review in one sentence is: I Loved this concert!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment