Sunday, January 17, 2010

Revived Blogging

I was thinking one day of my Junior High experience when I remembered about this blog. I checked to see if it was still there and it was. So I made some improvements and decided to start blogging again. I also made a promise to post something new every week. Lets see how long I can make it with out breaking the oath.

This week's post is going to be about organization.
I am very organized and very messy at the same time. In somethings I am OCD like monk but in others it's hard to tell if I even know that it exists. Take for example my document on a computer. I have folders dividing and sub-dividing my documents so that each folder has no more than about 8 documents. I have a folder for just about everything. From Unit six outlines in AP world history to a folder that contains piano music for Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen I make sure that I have it very organized. My room is the complete opposite. I have just about no idea where things are. I know where I put my clean stack of shirts and a clean stack of pants and that's just about it. Every once in a while i need to find more clothes or a CD or something like that and it takes me hours to look everywhere until I find it.
Organization has made my past two weeks very less stressful that it would have been if I had not been Organized. Both things involved the computer so I was in the Organized territory of my life. The first was a notebook That I needed to turn in one of my classes. When I first heard about it I thought that it would be easy. Well not really easy, but easy for this class. Easy was also a ten page reading assignment that would only take me an hour and a half to three hours to do. But then I learned more. It needed to have every assignment, every essay outline, and all the notes we had done in the first have of the year. We did a reading assignment every night except for five so we had about 50 or so assignments. We needed to have each one of them in a binder and organized by unit. Because I was so organized all I had to do was hit print on my Ap world reading assignment folder and all assignments and outlines came neatly printing out. This could have taken hours to do but it only took me about 15 minutes to have it all finished. The second time I was thankful I was organized on the computer was last sunday. I was asked to give a talk during one of my meetings at my church for the following week. When he gave me the topic it sounded somewhat familiar. When I got home I looked on my computer to see what my topic was the last time I gave a talk. Because I was so organized I was able to find it and find that they had given me the same topic the year before. 15 minutes of tweaks later I was finished and ready to give the talk. The moral of these examples is to say organized.

1 comment:

bRITT said...

I'm impressed... you have quite a talent for writing brother!!!! I like reading your blog... you should keep posting :)