As some of you know (any many more if you read my "deprived of my music" blog) I am with out a music player at the time. I am beginning to really (really really really really) miss my old iPod. So I have looked for may music players high and low. I have come up with two options for a replacement. Option 1: 30GB zune Option 2: iPod video 5Th gen. If you noticed I have picked the smallest of the biggest (the smallest memory for the size). Why? Because I don't need all that memory and If the player is bigger I will have a less likely chance of losing it. There are many Pros and Cons for Each one so let say the few I know.
Zune 30GB:
Pros: The thing that I first noticed this player for was its size. It is bigger that an iPod so I Will have a less likely chance of losing it. The screen is also bigger and that is nice.
FM radio. That was another thing that picked this one out. This would be a very nice addition if I got this one.
Cons: It is made by Microsoft. my family is maybe switching over to macs and Zunes don't work with macs. NO ITUNES-this may be the major deciding tool for me. Zune market place (Microsoft's version of itunes) is too complicated. You can either buy a zune card or Microsoft points. A zune card is basically a pass to all music for x amount of time. But at the end of x amount of time you have nothing to show for your money. Microsoft points are 80 for a dollar. Songs cost 79 mp (Microsoft points) and the rest is confusing.
ipod video 5Th Generation 30GB:
Pros: Brand name. Itunes is made for this. Click wheel is a very nice thing to have. All my family as music on Itunes and so I have more music. Macs work with ipods(both are made by apple of course). Nice look.
Cons:No FM radio. radio is a hard thing to get.
As you can see the ipod is coming out ahead. With my music on a zune I would have to either do the Market place thing or burn all my music to Cds, change the format of it, and put it on a reader the will put the songs on the zune.
Added cons to both: money. price. $$$$$$
Money is a very expencive thing in our world. But that is the whole point of money. One the bright side I have found some decent used ones one amazon for about a hundred dollars. But that sill is a lot of money. Alternitive: CHRISTMAS!! (Santa better come this year, I have been extra good!) But that still is a month and a half away.
If you guys have any ideas/ipods/zunes/info that you would like to give me Please tell me. You can leave a comment on the blog or you can Come up to me at school and tell me. Either way make sure you do it. Please.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have an 8-gig Sansa that cost $80 last year. It doesn't play video (because I have no desire to watch movies on a screen that is smaller than the palm of my hand), but it will play any music file, including the iPod format. I have everyting from the latest Metallica album to some of my favorite Stephen King audio books on it, and I use it every day. It meets my needs, which do not include having people think I am cool because I have a really expensive device on which I can only play certain types of files. I don't need a cool color, a fancy name, or lots of accessories that fit only that one particular device. I do, however, have headphones that cost $100 and provide absolutely fabulous sound. The point is that you have to ask yourself what your needs are. Do you want to be known as the guy with the iPod? If so, then you better go with the iPod; otherwise, do a needs analysis before you buy (or have Santa buy) anything.
Post a Comment