Oh how I wish it would snow. It is now December 6th and there has not been one snow flake fall yet. Think of all the fun things that are being deprived from us.
1. Skiing- well you can still do this but it is not as fun with out real snow. But on the plus side there still is the fake snow! Even if it does taste like old salt.
2. Snow balls- from throwing them and having a giant snow war to picking them up and eating it, this is one of the best things of snow.
3. Sledding-Down the hill we go, on a toboggan, knocking over people, laughing all the way.......(Who doesn’t enjoy going up and down over and over again?)
4. Clear, pollution free skies-The snow is ice crystals around a frozen pollution particle. So this takes some of the pollution away. I think.
5. Shoveling-Everybody need a service project or two now and then don't they? No? Then how about the exercise?
6. Snowmobiling- this is very fun. If you have not done it than borrow your neighbors. (I have only done it one time.)
7. Coats- big and bulky. What is there not to like about them? Well, at least they are warm.
8. Songs-it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas...... or I'm living (not dreaming) in a white Christmas!
9. Lights-Lights look so much better in snow! Don’t even try to argue!
10. Hot Coco- perfect beverage after a long cold day out side.
11. More careful drivers-YOU don't want to be sliding around out there do you?
12. House lights- (sung to the tune of up of the housetop)Up on the roof top daddy falls! See how far he will slide. If he goes over the edge, then comes the life insurance…….. (daddy can’t slip if there is no snow can he?)
13. (One of the best reasons yet) Cover up- You can’t see leaves on the bottom of the snow!
And many more things. Face it; the world is so much better with snow. But there is nothing we can do about it. We can put up our decorations up, we can sing songs, and we can make candy, but we can’t make the clouds snow. If we could at will, than all the false fears about global warming would be calmed (If this happens, Al Gore can spend his money on the polar bears instead of his power point.)
Who doesn’t like the snow? If you don’t then try to really feel the snow. Not the cold or the wetness, Feel the snow. Feel the joy, the happiness, the friendship of snow.
I personally love snow! Hard to believe isn’t it? Winter is my favorite season. I prefer chilly over too hot. I would rather freeze to death then die of heat stroke or of what ever happens when you get cooked alive. If you are frozen, then if the future people find a way to bring people back alive I will live again. (but only two times.)
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment